I was able to catch Bonobo's DJ set in Boston last week. Although I would have preferred the above setup with saxophones and violins, it was interesting to see how his recordings translated to the dance party environment. Simon Green definitely has some talent! (He's also adorable.)
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Check Out Simon Green, aka Bonobo.
British DJ, producer and multi-instrumentalist, Bonobo creates a unique style of electronic music. What sets him apart from other ambient "downtempo" artists is the influence he draws from jazz and R&B. While he started out extracting sound clips from existing records for his tracks, Green recently added a live band to his recordings. Bonobo's latest two releases, Days to Come (2006) and Black Sands (2010), also feature collaborations with jazzy vocalists, Andreya Triana and Bajka.
I was able to catch Bonobo's DJ set in Boston last week. Although I would have preferred the above setup with saxophones and violins, it was interesting to see how his recordings translated to the dance party environment. Simon Green definitely has some talent! (He's also adorable.)
I was able to catch Bonobo's DJ set in Boston last week. Although I would have preferred the above setup with saxophones and violins, it was interesting to see how his recordings translated to the dance party environment. Simon Green definitely has some talent! (He's also adorable.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment