Saturday, March 24, 2012

Exciting Things Update, Part 1 !!!

Well, I have the weekend off. That means it's time for a bulk update on everything I'm looking forward to in music! First thing's first. ANDREW BIRD has come back into my life in a big and beautiful way. His sixth solo album, Break It Yourself, came out earlier this month. Recorded in his barn, this one features less of Bird's complex lyrical endeavors, and more contemplative instrumental sections. The laid back pace of this album reveals a much more intimate view of Bird's distinctive style- whistling and violin loops included. Stream the record here, and you'll see what I mean. For desired effect, try listening in your headphones on a sleepy spring afternoon.
Having listened to the new release, and spent an afternoon watching live YouTube videos, I'm certain that Andrew Bird's show in Boston will be quite the memorable experience. The poetic license he takes with his songs on tour really showcases his enormous talent. Watch below! The guy's a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment