Friday, June 8, 2012

Exciting Things Update!!!

Time for another thrilling edition of Everything I'm Pumped About But Couldn't Post In A Timely Manner! First of all, I just thought this photo of Bradford Cox (Deerhunter/Atlas Sound) was pretty cool. It was taken at the Primavera Sound Festival last week by Erez Avissar.

I discovered this single by Ikons on a new blog I've been following. Can't find much info on this band online, but their label offers lots of free streaming. It's hard to pin what their style is, but if "Ride meets Pink Floyd" intrigues you, I'd recommend taking a listen.

Here's the video for Lazuli, off Beach House's excellent new LP, Bloom. I was wrong in thinking this album would closely resemble Teen Dream, the band's acclaimed last release. While the key elements (arpeggiated synth lines and Victoria Legrand's androgynous vocals) remain intact, Bloom seems even more cohesive and mature than the band's previous works.

Hooray! Grizzly Bear just released this new single, along with tour and album announcements! I will be seeing them at the Orpheum in September, and I'm anxious to hear the rest of the album! It's hard to believe Veckatimist was out three years ago, but we are absolutely due for a new taste of Grizzly Bear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment